Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Mascot?!?!

So my earlier post was cut short by Adriana waking up. So here it is, 4 hours later, and I can finish my post. Thus is life with a 7-week old. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Actually, I didn't have much of a point for my earlier post, but luckily something surfaced since. The Wild will be unveiling a mascot on October 5th. My 1st reaction was an eye roll, that mascots are lame, and I was glad the Wild chose not to have one - this bites. As I think about it now, I understand why they want to do it. The Twins have been very successful with TC Bear, and he grows on ya. And the biggest reason, Adriana will have something to identify with when I talk about the Wild. She'll probably be excited to go to hockey much earlier than without said mascot. It'll give me various stuffed animals with Wild logos to buy.

So, my final conclusion is OK, I can deal with a mascot. As long as next year they don't bring in ice girls.

1 comment:

  1. We already have a mascot in Marian Gaborik. Lots of entertainment value, but zero on the ice value--other than for maybe 6 games.
    Nice to see the organization is focusing on the most important thing with a professional organization--a gimmick. While they keep calling me every year to "bring me back to the team" now since I droppped my seasons, they keep doing more an more to alienate me. We had 1 "Norm" take hockey away and another "Norm" to bring it back--at this rate, maybe the Las Vegas Wild would work? Any other Norms out there to buy them--mascot included?

    ReplyDelete

Got thoughts? Share em here!