Saturday, January 5, 2008

Don't Like It, Can't Stand It, Don't want no More of It

Wild @ Predators (1-5-08) - A View from my Couch
Every time we play at Nashville, I dread hearing Nashville's Tim McGraw goal song. "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it." Makes me throw up in my mouth. Well, we got to hear Tim four times, as the Wild gave up 3 goals in the first and were unable to make the comeback. All things considered, it was a pretty fun game to watch, especially with a very up and down 2nd period. Mark Parrish scored again thanks to a nice pass from Stephane Veilleux, who had a pretty good game. After the goal, both teams had long opportunities in each other's zone thanks to good forechecking, but the Wild couldn't get any closer. If I have to watch a 3-goal Wild loss I guess it could have been worse.

Tough TV Sports Day @ My House
  • USA lost to Russia in the World Junior Championships. They didn't even medal after winning their first 4 games. Seems every US national team underacheives. Incidentally, Canada won their 4th WJC in a row.
  • I spent $6 to watch tUMD Bulldogs get shutout by Bemidji State. 2.5 hours I'll never get back.
  • The Wild lost.
  • The Steelers lost to the Jaguars. Not really a a big deal, but I like Mike Tomlin. Well, I guess I like Jack Del Rio too, so who cares?
  • Now I'm watching Tubby Gopher hoops @ Michigan State on the DVR. I don't expect to see a win here either.
  • I'll have to play some NHL 08 over Xbox Live to go to bed feeling better about myself. Assuming I can win a game.

Next on the Docket - Wild @ Dallas Stars (Mon 1-7-08)
3rd game against Dallas since Christmas. The way the last two games went I'd like to say this is rekindling the rivalry, but I think it'll take a playoff series to make that happen. (How fun would that be?) The Wizzy need to bounce back but Dallas needs it more. They've lost their last 4 including being shutout by Detroit today. I have a sneaky feeling Dallas wins. Dallas 3, Wild 1

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide what's worse...Nashville's goal song or the Coyotes' annoying howl

    ReplyDelete

Got thoughts? Share em here!